Step into the daylight and let it go.

Friday, July 17, 2009

#9 Riding Out The Hurricane

"Logically, it must be easier to get used to the lifestyle in your own country rather than that in Australia. However, it was not in reality. "


It had been 3 weeks since I got back from Adelaide and many things had happened in this period. They happened so fast that I lost track of them. However, I felt that everything that had happened to me was so surreal, like I was in a dream, a dream that had no end, and no beginning. And that everything that had happened to me had not happened yet until I told my friends and family.

I flew back to Penang with Alvin and met him at LCCT after searching the whole LCCT for him as his mum lost contact with him after he reached the airport from Melbourne. Then, his parents gave me a treat at a restaurant, invited me to their house for durians before sending me back home to Alor Star. Grandpa, Grandma and Grandaunt took them to a restaurant and we really had a great time together.

Laming on the plane from KL to Penang.

I lived my life as if I were a zombie. I paid no attention to class, nearly hit by a motorcycle when I crossed the road, lost my room key just after I got it and what’s worse was that I didn’t care at all. I was oblivious to everything that was happening around me, until I told myself I had to stop being like this, or at least get some enthusiasms towards life back. I tried to fit in, tried to open up and chat with my new friends, but I couldn’t understand them. It was definitely English, but at the same time it seemed like another kind of language, a language that I had never heard of, that I would never be able to fathom. The only friends that I had made so far were all of my roommates. Luckily they were all very kind and thoughtful.

Mummy asked me the reason why it’s so hard to start a new life in Shah Alam. I couldn’t answer her. Logically, it must be easier to get used to the lifestyle in your own country rather than that in Australia. However, it was not in reality. It was much easier in Adelaide. Then, it suddenly dawned on me that when I first got to Adelaide, I had William and Alvin with me. And in my loneliness, I began to miss them a lot. And now, I had to start a new life on my own, which was definitely harder without any companion around, without someone to talk to.
Alvin, William and me.

Luckily, Michelle came to KL for her IELTS test and I got to catch up with her in Sunway Pyramid. Thank God for that and that day I got back to my normal self again. I got to know 2 of her friends which were in INTEC also, Joann and Jiching and of course, Michelle’s family. And it was really nice to get to know them as they were so friendly. Sadly, Michelle had to leave early and we just spent a few hours together.
Nice, but only with honey!
Michelle and me in Sunway Pyramid.
From the left: Joann, JiChing, me and Michelle.

I also went to Midvalley to watch movie with Ily, Wan, Mira, Farah, Rahman and SweeHow. I met Alvin and his mum there and chatted only for a while as the movie would start in a few minutes. And thank you for the Espirit watch too, it was really cool and I like it a lot. I also met with WeiXiang and KeeiWei and they passed me the Ipod Touch MingWei bought for me. It was exactly what I wanted and began to love it once I saw it. This was my first exception for not believing in love at first sight.

Laming while waiting for Rahman's sister to fetch us to KTM so that we could go to Midvalley. Wanna say a big thank you to his sister for giving us a ride.

The watch Alvin gave to me.
The Ipod Touch my bro bought for me. Thank you to both of them.

Yesterday I took the KLIA express to the airport to send Michelle and Jasmine off. It was so good to get to see them again. Jasmine asked me why I came to send them off. I said I had nothing better to do back at the hostel but the real reason was I couldn’t find a reason not to come. Both of them were 2 of my best friends in Adelaide and how could I not come. Compared to the innumerable kindness they had done to me, this was nothing. By the way, Jasmine's parents were quite funny and warmhearted.

At last, I wanted to thank God for giving me the opportunity to meet with my Adelaide friends after I came back to Malaysia. And I wanna wish Grandpa who had his birthday this week Happy Birthday. I really love you and grandma and thank you for everything you two have done for me. I would try to pay you two back your love and kindness to me but I knew that a lifetime of effort couldn't fully discharge the debt that I owe you two. Happy birthday also to Michelle and Eugenie, 2 stupid but pretty girls and definitely best friends. To a friend who had lost his father, you have my deepest condolences.

I love you, Grandpa and Grandma~


*Sorry if it is a bit too long, but I have got a lot to tell.

11 comments:

eugenie said...

maybe u r too lame, that's y u find it hard to mix with ur new fren..hahah..use ur lameness to communicate with ur new friends..thanks for the wishes too =)
from ur freaking amazing mum <3

Mr. Journalist-to-be said...

din know u also lost the key.. haha
but i wanna tell u sumthing that im still not come back tonight n tommorow got physics which i had an assignment to submit and the worst is, it in the first period.. actually, there r still someone who more tragic then u.. but im still happy.. :)

marcus said...

Love ipod touch.

Mimitella said...

Eugenie-Haha,I used it once and a while, and it really worked, thanks for the tips, hahax.

Raimen Robb-Haha, u surely r d happy-go-lucky type. Wish I were you.

Marcus-Thanks.I love it a lot also.

ji ching said...

hey hey hey!! all the best in INTEC yea :) i noe you miss all your frenz in aus....but gues wat??? nothing to fear as they ae alwayz in your heart....it is your heart that makes everything secure....good luck bro!

Mimitella said...

JiChing- Didnt know u have d talent that Michelle has also.. giving advice, no wonder u 2 r good frens. haha..

ccheah said...

keep updating =)

Mimitella said...

CC- Haha, u too.

The Skatemusicianer said...

hey i have an almost exact pic of myself in the cendana mirror..haha!! ; ) nice blog.

Mimitella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimitella said...

Really??hhaha...thx..