Step into the daylight and let it go.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

#8 Through The Rain

"In the end, I mustered all my courage, glanced back at all my fellow friends, put on a smile and bid goodbye to all of them. "



After the crazy night, I woke up to Azizul’s knocking on Chiew’s door. He said he wanted to say goodbye to me in case he didn’t see me again. I went to have my shower and then went up to Jamie’s room again. Jamie and Serene were eating Indo Mee when I got in. Later in the afternoon, they would have to sit for their Physics exam. I said goodbye to them and Serene commented that I wanted to cry by then. However, Jamie said that my eyes were born that way and that there was nothing wrong. Then, I went down to pack my things and left. On my way to the bus station, I received Jamie and Serene’s messages and I couldn’t hold my tears anymore. The passer-by must thought that I was some kind of freak but I didn’t mind.

When I got back to my homestay, I rearranged all my stuff as Jasmine’s mum told her that the entire luggage might get quarantined for 5 days due to the swine flu. Before long, Rob, my homestay father, came in and handed me a letter. Inside the letter were some cash and a name card. He said that on the name card there was his email and that I could email him anytime I wanted. Then, he fetched me to the airport. He said that I could always come back to visit him and he would have a barbeque for me. When every of my luggage was finally unloaded from his car, he wished me all the best and his eyes were wet. We waved goodbye to each other and I checked in my luggage.

I wandered around the airport aimlessly until HuiRen called me saying that he had reached the airport. He gave me the gift Weechen, Alvin and he had bought for me. We chatted a while before Chiew, Michelle and Brian arrived at the airport. Then, Zhaofarn, Chiew and Sophia got to the airport also but Sophia could not pass the security due to the knife her father had given her. So, Jasmine and I went out to meet her. I nearly broke down after waving goodbye to her and Jasmine pulled me back to the direction I should be going. I broke into a smile after Jasmine teased me that I still did not have any sense of direction even until the time I wanted to leave Adelaide.

The time had finally come. I was required to move into the departure lounge. I lined up together with the other passengers and I had no courage to turn around and looked at all my friends. It was so sad at that time and my heart was breaking. I knew if I looked back I sure could not control my emotions. In the end, I mustered all my courage, glanced back at all my fellow friends, put on a smile and bid goodbye to all of them. Inside the departure lounge, I read through the “Leaving” card thoroughly and was so touched by then. At that time, I suddenly remembered Eugenie’s saying that sometimes we have to smile with tears.

From that moment onwards, I know that I am embarking on a whole new journey alone, leaving all my friends and memories in Adelaide. And everything will never ever be the same. I have gone through the winter, but where is my spring? Time surely would heal everything but along the healing process surely follows the aching pain. Would I be able to make it through the rain and embrace the warm sunny day that awaits me? It was still too soon to tell.


The plane that flew me from heaven to hell.
The teddy bear that comes with the choc given by HuiRen, WeeChen and Alvin.

The Country Road bag that I love so much given by Chiew, Michelle, Jasmine and all the others.

The "Leaving" card signed by everyone.
Original airdate: 26June2009

No comments: