Step into the daylight and let it go.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

#2.5 Brothers & Sister (+Cousins)

"Our love holds us together, our differences make one another stronger."



It had been a long time since I needed to slam hard on the bathroom door because they were using it for a long time. It had been a long time since I quarrelled with anyone of them. It had been a long time since we pointed fingers at one another when things went wrong. It had also been a long time since we quarrelled whether the bedroom lights should be turned off or on at night, or grabbing the TV remote control from one another, or complaining about one another to Mummy and Papa, or fighting over the air-conditioner remote control. Those may not be the nicest memories but I missed all those days with them.

There were 10 of us together, growing up together in the storm, in this family that was so shattered and yet so united, and yet we had pulled through all of them. We fought over everything that could be fought over-food, gifts, love, attentions, toys, books, stickers, computer, television, money, clothes and the list seemed to go on and on. We always got into serious fights as each one of us was so headstrong and stubborn. No one was ever willing to give in first and we almost never saved faces for one another. Every time, an adult had to step in and interfere before all those verbal conflicts turned into physical ones. However, the most amazing thing was that no one ever held a grudge and after that we were good, as if the fights had never happened before. Yet, we had never stopped fighting.

We had our differences, our very own opinions about things. But our differences made one another stronger. Of course, we did many things together besides fighting. We used to shower-splashing water at one another could hardly counted as one-together when we were small, imitating the adults by setting up our very own"family", acting as polices, Kungfu fighters, cooks, warriors, doctors, nurses, CEOs, and many many more. Also, we proudly (and stupidly) declared ourselves as the "Ten Brothers" as there were 10 of us. We played lots of games together and had such great time together. They gave me so many childhood memories that I would cherish forever. In fact, they completed my childhood.
And now we were all separated. I could still vividly remember how my heart broke when I heard that my little cousin cried all the way back to Alor Star after I boarded the plane to further my studies, and how sad I was when Mummy told me how my little brother used to wake up in the nights calling for my name. And how touched I was when I received my Pooh bear from my same-age sibling MW and how he had planned my 18 birthday party or when my cousin bought me a wallet a few days before I went to Adelaide. Yet, despite all these, every time when I went back to Alor Star I just wanted to hang out with my friends instead of them, all the while not knowing that they were sitting back at home waiting for me to spend some little time with them, and how rude and impatient I was whenever they asked me to teach them how to do their homework. They always remembered my birthday, but I always forgot theirs.

I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you all had done for me, and sorry to all of you for taking you all for granted. As we grew older, distance and maturity had made us quarrel less. I thought all the fighting thing had been over until recently I got back home and all of us had a big fight again. I guessed something never changed. :)


Love you all forever.




Walk. Eat. Blog

Tony Roma's, Sunway Pyramid

Currently
listening to: Down by Jay Dean
watching: nothing thanks to exams and tests
reading: A-Level Text Books (SHIT!)

8 comments:

jinxiang said...

血浓于水 :)

Mimitella said...

True ;)

Kah Ying said...

It's so true whenever we go back, the first thing that we wanna do is to hang out with friends instead of spending time with family that is the one who is waiting for our arrival...

Mimitella said...

Yeah, I oways like dat n only after i wanna left I felt so guilty. but everytime when go bek again, the same thing repeats.

Anonymous said...

Haha.....
Erm,I din have the same experience like you although I have so many brothers n sisters too
but the other way round happened

controlling + discipline + independence

It's very seldom for me to meet any siblings at home whenever I come back from my college
Instead,I play the role to say bye bye to all my siblings
And sometime welcome them n their life partners to come back tats all

hehe.......

Mimitella said...

Haha, ur siblings r very diff from mine.We are not discipline at all. May be u all hav more guls n v hv more boys, haha...

joker said...

u gt 2 teams of basketball player

Mimitella said...

LOL, haha.....we used to play basketball oways near my grandpa's houz, haha...