Step into the daylight and let it go.

Friday, October 16, 2009

#2.4 So You Think You Can Dream

"My dream is to have a dream."



Dream. It's a simple word but at the same time it's so complicated. I'm scared, because I don't have one, yet. And I seldom talked to others about it, as I knew how shocked they would be. Every time I tell someone-except a few of my best friends-about it, I could see it from their faces that they didn't believe it, and some even thought that it was funny. I did not understand how could it be so funny? It's not. It's not a laughing matter, to me it's not. It's pathetic.

I've always envied those who had a dream. They knew what their dream job was, what they were pursuing, and what goals they had in their lives. But how come I don't. To be frank, I have had no interest in anything at all. I don't see myself as a doctor, a pharmacist, a dentist or a Look!-I-have-a-job person in a few years time. When I was six, I wanted to be a police, only because it was cool, until I found out that their salaries weren't. When I was in standard 1, I wanted to be a teacher, only because I was always beaten and wanted revenge-a chance to beat the students who did not do their work, or forgot to bring their books. When I was standard 3, engineer was my choice only because I saw a poster of an engineer looking so smart and handsome, and stupidly I thought that if I became an engineer, I would be that good-looking too. Doctor was my preference in high school because many said that it was a waste not to be one if one's results were damn good. Later in college I turned to dentistry because my relatives remarked that it would be one of the highest paying job in the future. Now I was paving my way to pharmacy as many told me it was an easier and secured job. But was it what I really wanted, or not?

One day I was in the car with my parents and they suddenly asked me what my dream was. I told them straight away that I didn't know. Mummy told me that she met HuiEn just now and asked her about her dream, and it was to be a pharmacist. Then she said that there must be something that I really liked. I remained silence and Papa answered that question for me. "How can he have one, when he has everything without the need of dreaming to have them?" He said. I supposed it was true, in some way.

I would definitely fail if the title of English essay for the final A-Level exam was "My Ambition" because all I could write was "My ambition is to be a...a...a...THE END". I did not know what job I really wanted to have in my life. I have been searching it for my whole life, but I still couldn't find it. Maybe someday, just maybe, I will know and I hope it would not be too late by then.

Equipped with wings, the sky was clear, and the weather was perfect but how could I begin to fly when there's no destination?


Still searching........just for a dream.


Walk. Eat. Blog
BBQ Plaza, Sunway Pyramid

Currently
listening to: Happy by Leona Lewis
watching: The Suite Life On Deck
reading: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

11 comments:

-pRiS- said...

don't worry, i dont know too what i'm choosing for nxt year is what i really wanted.. it just went through an elimination round. tho i dont think i REALLY have strong interest in it.
Cheers, mate. =)

jinxiang said...

Some people persist to traverse into the particular field in response to their interests. Some look for monetary stability, or social respect. Some would like their future life to be secure and simple. You don't know which way to go, yup, it is most probably because you have too many choices. I used to be clueless. Somehow I'd decided what to do by removing what I don't prefer out of the list. I'm confident to say I've made the suitable choice for myself, although it might not be the best. Gogo Ming Khai, "船到桥头自然直" :D

BluE-hEarTeD-GirL said...

"Doctor was my preference in high school because many said that it was a waste not to be one if one's results were damn good."

Nice quote though ^^
FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT AH KHAI =)
no matter what your final choice is, do remember that we will always be there for you and be supportive.

Find your dreams, work hard for it, and make it real =)

Mimitella said...

Pris-Hope both of us can figure out wad v want!!

Jinxiang-Ur advice of eliminating things really helps. Thx.

Joo-I KNOW u all will always be ther for me like u all always did.

Kah Ying said...

I like what your dad said. it's very true.

Mimitella said...

Haha, in sum way.

Anonymous said...

If you think about high paid salary, easy life, no challenge... there is no way, you will find ur dream...

Mimitella said...

True, hw cum I nvr tot of that.

梦。K1R@ said...

just randomly pass by... ...
ya, indeed, one of the toughest challenge for me is to find my own dream. If you keep exploring in a variety of fields, one day you will find yours.
I had found mine after passing through an article about stem cells.

Lim Alvin said...

I took some of those pic!! (nice ones) ahahahah

Mimitella said...

Dream K1R-U r so lucky.
Alvin-dun be behpaiseh, haha..