Step into the daylight and let it go.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

#2.8 Home Sweat Home

"Going home is no vacation."



Seriously, I did not miss home at all. The fact that I was going home for about 2 months failed to fill me with a single sense of excitement. For me, it's just a period for me to rest after the stupid exams. But all these were changed once the green paddy fields outside the window of the bus came into view. I couldn't believe it, but it was what I'd never felt before- a sense of belonging, which to my surprise had deepened with time.

I had pictured the first sem break to be relaxing, but it was clearly otherwise. It was packed with loads of activities and things to do. A few nights after I got home, I watched My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad with my siblings and cousins and all of us were shouting and jumping like crazy cheering for the only Chinese-father-and-daughter contestant team. I bet that all of the neighbours could hear all the noise we had created. It was so childish and crazy but fun. They didn't win in the end but were the first runner-up and we were still satisfied with the result.

5A1 gathering was held in Jetty One and it felt so good to see one another again after months of separation. We chatted and laughed like we were never separated before and really had a nice time. Later, a few of us went to Zixian's house for a sleepover. We stayed up to 5 gambling while drinking champagne and chit-chatting.

It's great to see my grandparents again. They talked a lot and often repeated what they wanted to say again and again. I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel boring at all but I kept reminding myself that they love me and wanted the best for me. They had grown so much older and I treasured every single moment with them. I didn't want to regret later when it was too late.

November was going to end and it's December soon. I would be going to Penang and was looking forward to seeing every one of them in Penang.


Walk. Eat. Blog

Secret Recipe, Shah Alam Section 18


Currently
listening to: Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
watching: My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad season 1
reading: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

2 comments:

-pRiS- said...

gosh! u r reading twilight! hahaha.. i read a half the "midnight sun" as well, coz it leaked and the author is too angry to continue now. =(

Mimitella said...

Awwww...wish it has a sequel though it's impossible.