Step into the daylight and let it go.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

#2.6 A Pursuit Of Happiness

"Don't be afraid. Just have faith. Mark 5:36"



When I first came to this new place, I had faced so much trouble just trying to blend in, and I resented everything and everyone here. I blamed God-I really did- for sending me here although I was the one who had made the decision to be here.

I hated the hostel, the people, the college, the environment, the food, the transport and everything. I had no one to turn to and talk to when I was down, angry, or sad. So, I prayed to God that I would one day feel happy and have a lot of friends in Intec though it seemed impossible at that time. And yet miraculously He answered my prayer. In fact, He had answered a lot of my little prayers this year, which I found quite hard to believe in the very beginning. But He really did. The right person would always turn up to assist me with my problems, and I managed to overcome the problems one by one by their help. And I thank God for that. The first time that I met Uncle Yong, he told me that my life would be so colourful but I did not understand what he meant by then until now.


New friends popped up one by one and our friendship grew stronger by each day, and I really enjoyed every moment that I had spent with them. Most importantly, we had so much fun together and I finally could be myself again when I was with them. Yeah, we were of different races, but so what? It's triple fun that way. Despite all the bad stuff that I'd said about Shah Alam, I still felt really happy to be here.

I was rearranging my stuff when this card fell out of the novel that I'd read halfway through. And now I knew what it meant, for I knew His plan for me. Next week would be my final. There seemed to be no hope for my Biology to score an A and it was impossible for me to finish all the revision before the final, but still I would like to shout out loud :"Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is". And I seriously missed my grandparents now as I'd not chatted with them for a long time. Hope them have fun in L.A and Las Vegas. Like I said, it's a new dawn.


Walk.Eat.Blog

Famous Ikan Bakar, Cahaya

Currently
listening to: Fireflies by Owl City
watching: Gossip Girl Season 3
reading: ODJ (Our Daily Journey with God)

6 comments:

-pRiS- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-pRiS- said...

"I will never leave nor forsake u." Hebrews 13:5

=) Really happy for you! =D

Jas said...

u don have to put in the food pictures u know...

Mimitella said...

Pris-Thx,haha..

Jas-hungry now isit?haha...fly to Malaysia nw la.

dickson said...

Good One!=D

Mimitella said...

hehe, nvr tot u will read this.