Step into the daylight and let it go.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

#4.28 I Know Places

"After living in Nottingham for a while, it's impossible for anyone to not come to know all the good places in town with great food. =) "



Even though it was practically a study month and we were all having big headaches with the final year project, there were still a lot of memorable things going on during this busy period. Well, during times like this, stress eating was definitely one of the most effective ways that could make me forget about all of the stupid hard work that I had yet to catch up with. 

So, we went back to Red True Barbecue again and we had one of the classics, The Donut Burger, which of course was a delight. Some people might say that the restaurant was too meaty but personally I would never ever complain about any piece of meat that came straight out from that kitchen.

In the mean time, we also had a Barbecue Smurf Night and it was really a night that I needed because it helped put all the stress away. Although I barely did any of the bbq-ing as usual, at least I did offer to help with oven-ing the whatever chicken thighs that sadly in the end turned out to be still better tasting when bbq-ed. 

It was definitely one special and fun night that I would remember for a long time to come but at the same time it was a bit sad to think that our Smurfy days together were numbered. =(

Awesomeness.
The best chicken wings in town and I meant it!
Killer nuggets.
Highlight of the session - Strawberry's perfect marshmallows.

Besides that, I finally got to try out Hungry Pumpkin for the first time even though I had heard about it for so many times. All I could say was that the breakfast was the perfect reason to get my ass up early in the morning for. 

The stress eating continued with my guilty pleasure place The Pudding Pantry, as well as my personal favourite place in Nottingham, which was no other than the Georges. After Fish and Chips, CH and I went for our first ever movie premiere and we got to see Avengers 2 in 3D before everyone else for free after we successfully grabbed the last two tickets online. And while we're excited to get our very own posters, I wasn't really impressed by the poster design though. Whoever who was in charge should obviously fire the whole design team and hire me to design the poster for the third film instead. However, it was still a great souvenir to have to be honest.

Healthy choices of latte.
I could definitely sacrifice all my sleep for these.
Arguably the best milkshake in town.
I said I would be back, didn't I?
Dinner before the movie premiere. 
Being excited and all!
Popcorn time!
Coke and my chubby angle!

On top of that, we decided to take a stroll around campus while the flowers were still blooming and I was really glad that we did because poster preparation, printing, graph plotting and dissertation writing were literally taking a toll on me for most of the month. 

We practised at home on different ways to present our poster, adjusted our timing and made any necessary changes but still it was hard to shoo the nervous feeling away. On poster presentation day, I was lucky enough to be able to quickly get my poster presentation done early in the morning and I should definitely thank my surname for it! =)

Only if they could open for forever.
I would miss them so much one day!
Pink and white.
Thick jackets and cold weather.
My poster on asthma audit~
Poster presentation day!

Now with poster presentation done, there was only the dissertation piece to write before taking our final exam paper. It would not be easy but I would be focusing on Prom first instead before spending most of my waking hours typing in front of the laptop again. Looking forward to Prom but there was still the conflicting feeling that wished time wouldn't pass that fast.

Goodbye, April. You would be missed terribly. =(



Yours - Ella Henderson