Step into the daylight and let it go.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

#4.24 You Are In Love

"February was absolutely a month of love with so many things to fall in love with. =) "



Overall, February was still a very cold month with lots of windy days. So, I really hoped that March would turn out to be a little bit warmer and sunny. Basically, every Smurfy had started his or her own final year project and that meant that everyone now had a very different kind of busy. However, luckily we could still manage to squeeze out some time for a free movie Selma, which was really an educational eye-opener for me.

 In love with the view of the frozen lake!
A walk around the campus lake.
Big, big pizza after the movie!

Besides receiving my free birthday meal, cocktail and Boost on the day before my birthday, I got my birthday presents from my Smurfies, all of which I was madly in love with. Apart from the fact that I was getting older, I felt really blessed to be able to turn 24 and for the moment, I did not think that there was any part of my life that I could complain about. Life might mean different things to different people but for me, life was all about family, friends and love as they were the only three things that I could not live without.

Eye of Nottingham.
What a lovely winter morning.
Lovely food.
The lemon and poppy seed polenta cake that I absolutely loved!
Cocktails and lovely atmosphere.
Free alcohol of the night. 
Our dinner at Las Iguanas.
Wefie as usual.
Thank you for the Smurfy love.
Love at first sight.
With all of my Smurfies.
 All of the love.

Besides having another small steamboat gathering with Smurfies, we got to meet up with Yanxin as well, who had just returned to Nottingham after her Europe trip. Finally, 10M10, or at least a small part of it, could have the chance to get together for an afternoon tea session and dinner in the city to catch up again after so long.

Secret password: We Love Chocolate!
After the lovely steamboat session.
Our food and us!
10M10 again!

On top of that, all of us gathered together on the night before new year as well as on the first day of new year. Sadly, it might be our last time to celebrate Chinese New Year together so I knew I would really miss moments like this for forever. All of us had known one another for two to six years and since then, we had been doing almost everything together. A lot of people told me that friendship for a big group like us would not survive long but I was really glad that we had found one another and had made it this far as frankly, I really could not imagine my life in Uk without my Smurfies.

Our CNY dinner thanks to all my
Smurfies who prepared it with love.
Sangria!
All of us!
All of my favourite people on Earth.

Okay, I had a feeling that this post was getting way too long and there was still so much to crap about. Since I was lazy would never be able to finish it going at this rate, I would let the pictures do the talking (again). =P

Finally had the chance to visit 200 Degrees Cafe
after stalking the cafe's instagram for forever.
Basically what everyone was talking about nowadays.
The movie was ok but "Love Me Like You Do"
finally made me stop listening to 1989 (temporarily).
Before the movie when we had the whole cinema to ourselves.
CH's birthday celebration in Red Hot BBQ.
The chicken wings were absolutely to die for!
This year's "lao shang"
Cute cookies!
My pathetic poker fate: Only lucky when there was no money involved.

In a nutshell, that was how I spent my birthday month. Seriously, I needed to stop slacking and get my ass together to focus on my FYP as soon as possible especially Lady March was coming real soon! 

Oh, and did I mention that the insane plot twists on the season finale of my guilty pleasure HTGAWM made my jaws drop like crazy and left me totally confused? Who could possibly wait for several months until season two when I needed answers, like right now!!

Until next time then. XOXO. =)



Living For Love - Madonna