Step into the daylight and let it go.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

#3.28 Almost Home

"The time has finally come to leave my smurfies family (temporarily) and fly back to my family. Home is where the family is. If that's so, I guess that means that I'm always home. "



After surviving the 5-day BTN camp and rested for a day, we went to Time Square and Sungei Wang and I managed to grab a few items that my family had requested me to buy. It was also the last day that I spent with my remaining Smurf family before I left Semenyih. To our surprise, there was now a Tiny Taipei in Times Square. It even had my favourite food: pork sausages but to my disappointment it did not taste as good as I had imagined it would be. However, it was still a relatively exciting concept in the otherwise dull shopping complex.

At the entrance of Tiny Taipei.
Tiny Taipei~
After wandering around the mall aimlessly for quite some time, ChongHorng and Carmen went on their little missions of going rounds and rounds of "stealing" free tidbit samples from a few stalls. Carmen became so good at it that she didn't even have to stop walking while grabbing the free food. In fact, she did not even have to glance in the tidbit's direction but she was still caught in action. Haha. At dinner time, we finally gave in to Phey who had intense cravings for Barbeque Plaza. 

BBQ Plaza.
Last dinner before leaving Semenyih.

The next day, I was forced to wake up early in the morning to rush to KLIA for my flight. I was seated beside a nice Chinese couple who were visiting the states for 10 days. The wife struck up a conversation and frankly it was a pleasant chat that made the 16 hour flight a little less boring. We somehow came to the agreement that Malaysia (minus the g********) is indeed the most beautiful country . They were in their 40s---I assumed---and yet they were too sweet for couples who had been married for so many years, not that there's anything wrong with that of course. Besides treating the wife with respect, patient and love, the husband also made it a point to take care of his wife first in terms of everything before himself. They were so cute that they even offered me their food but I was too full to accept it. 

Another lucky thing was that the entertainment system in the two connecting flights somehow contain different types of movies so I managed to catch up on a few movies (Hansel and Gretel, Warm Bodies and Jack the Giant Slayer) that I had always wanted to watch. And geez, I could still tell that the same actor acted in both WB and JTGS so I guessed my facial recognition skill wasn't half as bad as how my friends had described it.

Overall, besides the slight delay in Narita airport, countless air turbulence and a little trouble at the custom, the whole journey was smooth and pleasant and I really needed to thank God for that. However, there was one thing that will never ever change--- how much I loathed long-haul flights.




I guessed it was all worth it when I saw Dad's face at the airport as I knew I would be once again be reunited with my family. The unique smell of the air---a mix of spring and summer---reminded me that I'm finally home, not because of the location but because of my family. As they say, home is where the family is. =)





Live It Up (ft. Pitbull) - J. Lo