Step into the daylight and let it go.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

#4.18 I Almost Do

"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " 



It had been numerous weeks since Uni started, but my mind was on everything and everywhere except the lecture notes that were piling themselves up happily. 

On the first day of school, I told myself that I had got to start anew, that I wasn't going to leave everything undone until study month like what had occurred in the past three years. Well, I guessed I should definitely receive a big fat "Congratulations" banner because I was on the very right track to repeat the same old mistake as the cold November month crept in silently. 

Not only that, my pledge to not purchase any new clothes for this entire semester had failed so miserably that I came this close to actually checking myself voluntarily into a rehab for shopaholics, if there was any but in my defence, everything was on sale and it would be plain torture for my legs to just walk away. =)

Bibimbap after on a "Korean break" for nearly a year. =P
Spicilicious.
Happy kid. 
Another one.

As fourth year started, it would be a blatant lie if anyone told me that they were not thinking about life and the path after University. And for the first time in my life, it took me quite a while (don't worry, it never once lasted for more than ten minutes) to fall asleep in a few nights in a row. 

I would stare blankly at the ceiling picturing the future, imagining the worst case scenario, and later scolding myself for keeping all these negative thoughts trapped in my head before I lost consciousness and started dreaming about all the food that I had cravings for. It made me realise that I was the kind of boy who wanted nothing but everything in this world. 

I reckoned that I had to stop projecting of what might come into life and should try to have a little more faith that everything was going to turn out okay in the end rather than kept longing to have a sneak peek into the unknown future. 

I must admit that I pulled the plug immediately right before I went down the same path like so many others who faced vicious spirals of worrying or sleeping difficulties. I almost did and I was really glad that I didn't, as it certainly wasn't a nice feeling and I didn't even want to imagine the awful episodes of staying awake all night long. =)

Crepe with lemon and sugar.
A sip was enough to make our eyes go wide.
Quality afternoon time.

Alright, enough with all the rubbish and moving on to the good things and lovely people around me. First of all, all the appetizing food that completed my life in a way had been lining up to enter my stomach recently and they were very much welcome but life would be so much better if only they were all free! 

But then again, I would be twice my size if they were but size didn't matter now because everyone and their grandma were literally dancing to All About The Bass.

Thank you Ethan!
Nandos!
Back to turtle Bay!

On top of that, I finally got my copy of 1989 after waiting for 13 billion years!! Frankly, I was a bit afraid that I wouldn't love it as much as the previous albums but I couldn't be more wrong. It was already my top favourite album of this year and the top three songs that I fell incredibly in love with were: Clean, This Love and You Are In Love. 

1989!
Loved it very much. Thank you~

And then came the last Halloween that we got to spend together!! We didn't go to any club this year but we still had a small and nice celebration at home. Vivian and I spent the afternoon decorating our house one day before the house party. 

Thanks to Smurfies, we had good food, cold beer, adorable decorative cookies and fun games for the night until 1a.m. However, the most pathetic thing was that there wasn't any kid who came knocking on our front door this year and I ended up eating all the candies myself. =(

Getting ready!
The wall decoration.
Mr. Speaker.
Mr. Darcula.
Phantom Mickey~
97's carved pumpkin!
Trick or Treat!!!
Dinner time. =)
Caught with drinking problem!
The decorative Halloween cookies.
Chicken wings!!
Mr. Pumpkin.
Rocker wannabe.
With Mr. Dracula.
Want some candy?
Cute 吗?
With the abandoned doll.
Wefie started!
With Vampire, Sailor and Sexy Girl.
Meow?!
Hello~

I wasn't sure if it was just me or it was actually a lot colder than last year. Hopefully it would snow in Nottingham this year but I would just keep my fingers crossed at the moment. Pardon me but my mind had involuntarily jumped straight from Pumpkin to Snow Globe. Dear Mr. Christmas, please accept my kind invitation and get your butt right over here now! =P



Baby Don't Lie - Gwen Stefani