Step into the daylight and let it go.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

#4.04 Everything Has Changed

"I am never going to be what others expect me to be and I do not have the interest to double-check if they are disappointed before or after they figure that out. "


Found myself today
Oh I found myself and ran away
But something pulled me back
Voice of reason I forgot I had.



For many years, I had always thought that I did not deserve anything at all in my life. Every time when He blessed me with wonderful people and things that I had never asked for, I felt this tiny pinch in my heart, like I had stolen something from someone who deserved it much more than I did.  My mind would go like: He/She is so much a better person than I am and ever going to be, so why am I the one who always gets everything.

From time to time, I kept waiting for some bad or shitty stuff to happen as I couldn't be the only one who got all the good stuff in life. In fact, when things went wrong, sometimes I felt like I deserved them. To be honest, I was somehow glad and relieved at the same time because they made my life a little bit less "perfect".


As the 5-minute meet-up turned into 30, I was told that life did not work the way that I thought it did. I had never thought that I had anxiety issues as I just sat around fearing that everything that I owned would be taken away slowly over time. She told me that I had done everything right and that I should go out and enjoy my life and the best part was that a lot of people searched the whole wide world to find the love that I had.

In my heart, I guessed that I had known it along but I just needed somebody to say it out loud to me. I was grateful for every word of hers, and I must admit that I was taken by surprise when she held my hands and hugged me.



After doing some thinking, I came to the realization that whenever I was problem-free, I had the tendency to worry about stuff that would never occur, and 99% of them existed just in my mind. Thus, I knew that it was time for me to shed all of my fear and self-doubt. Somehow I needed to take it in that I deserved everything just like everyone else did.

Besides that, I guessed I had to put myself first in terms of everything, even if that meant that I would come across as a selfish person under certain circumstances. I had to learn to start saying "No" to things that did not feel right or stuff that I did not enjoy doing. For countless times, me compromising had never brought all parties any good and had actually made a lot of matters worse than it already was. I also learnt that I never really stood up for myself and I owed it to myself to do that.



Also, I was grateful for every single person that appeared in my life. For example, every Smurf taught me valuable things that I had never discovered in myself and in life. A taught me to strive for things that was worth the effort. B revealed that innocence was truly a priceless blessing. C proved to me how one could still smile and dance in a heavy downpour. D reminded me that satisfaction was one of the best feelings in this world. E got me to rethink about the value and importance of friendship. F made me reflect on the significance to spend some quality time alone.

From G,  I learnt to love myself more and H showed me how to love and to be braver and my own saviour. From I, I knew that it was imperative to strike a balance between friendship and love. J told me how important it was to have your own voice and thought and from K, I understood the importance of family time and bonding. Also, L made me discover that everyone should be comfortable in their own skin and style. Lastly, M proved to me how one could be selfless in terms of friendship and love and how time could eventually wash away all the pain and sorrow.




I had heard it say that people came into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. Every one that I had crossed paths with had made an impact in my life, even if they might not realise it, including those who had bad-mouthed/abandoned me and those who I wished I would never ever  have to see their faces in the future. As much as I wanted to deny it, each of them had changed me in ways that I had never imagined, in both good and bad ways of course.

Certainly, I knew that I had changed a lot over the years and I did not know if it was for the better or for the worse but deeply I understood that some of the changes were essential as it proved to be healthier for me both physically and mentally. Also, there was a certain part of me that would never change for anyone.



For now, I am still learning the ways to live unapologetically and not the way that some people expected me to live. They might be happy or might be disappointed but I just want to shout "FUCK THEM ALL" so badly out loud to their faces but I don't think I will even have time for that. I'm still trying to figure my life out like a lot of others out there. Yes, it is hard enough already so I certainly will not let anyone that is not worth it complicate it unnecessarily.

That day marks one of the most significant life-changing event in my life. She might not realise it but she has changed my life for good. "Just remember that He is the one who made you, " that, I'm going remember for a long time to come. =)





Not Giving Up - The Saturdays