Step into the daylight and let it go.

Monday, March 3, 2014

#4.03 Stay Stay Stay

"It would be great if only fun and happy moments could be frozen and stay still forever so that we did not have to face all of our deepest fear and sadness. "



For the weekend getaway, we arrived at Victoria Coach Station much earlier than expected so we had more time on our hands. We headed to China Town and stumbled upon Four Seasons that was famous for its roasted duck so we decided to try it out. All I could say about the restaurant was that its signature dish was of good standard but not as heavenly as many had described. After lunch, we took a walk around and went inside M&M again while waiting for Vivian and Jessie.


Inside M&M with Carmen~
The Boys~
The girls. =)

After that, we watched our very first musical - Phantom of the Opera. Actually, what we wanted to watch was Les Miserables but we couldn't get any tickets so I guessed we had no choice but to leave that for the next time. 

However, what I really wanted to watch was Mamma Mia and I could totally imagine how excited I would be during the show. I could vaguely remember the phantom's storyline from high school but some of the songs really stood out from the rest and my personal favourite was definitely "All I Ask of You". The visuals were way stunning especially when Christine and the Phantom were on the boat. After the show, I felt really sorry for the Phantom and I reckoned I was the only one crazy enough to create an alternate ending in my mind in which he and Christine got together in the end.

In front of Her Majesty theatre.
The entire cast of POTO.

CH and I then rushed to the O2 Arena immediately for the Mrs. Carter World Tour as we assumed that Beyonce would start performing on time like TS but her concert only started at 9 p.m. The show was impressive with her powerful vocals and energetic dance. The only downside was that we sat pretty far away from the stage even though we bought the tickets right after the sale began.

She performed a lot of new materials as well as some of her classic old songs and even sang "Happy Birthday" before bowing out. Among all songs, "Heaven" would be my favourite song off her new album as it was so soothing and sad at the same time. 

Sitting quite far away from the stage. =(
The Stage. 
Her high-profile entrance.
I took some time to live my life
But don't think I'm just his little wife
Don't get it twisted get it twisted.
Don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable. 
So go on go home.
I'll search through the crowd
Your face is all that I see.
But I still don't understand
Just how your love can do what no one else can.
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now.

The next morning, we got into Madame Tussauds with the "2 for 1" tickets. Besides the figures, it also offered the Chamber of Horrors and Scream, Spirit of London Rides, Marvel Super Heroes as well as the cool 4D Movie Experience so it was like totally worth the money. =)

Shrek!! My favourite cartoon series of all time!!
Spiderman up-side down~
Wolverine's claws!!
Captured by the hulk!! 

With no idea where to go for lunch, we decided to try out Shake Shack, which was strongly recommended by a friend in London. I loved the burgers especially the one with cheese covered by mushroom and the cheesy fries were pretty amazing as well. Due to the windy weather, we had dessert before we left London and came back to reality.

The Shack Burger.
@ Shake Shack. =P

London is now officially one of my favourite cities in the world. It might not be the perfect city to live in but the vibrant city has so much to offer and would definitely be a great choice for a quick escapade.

I have always wanted everything to stay the same, time to stay frozen, myself to stay happy at all times, all of us to stay in the University forever but the truth is that everything just keeps moving forward whether I like it or not.

So, I guess I just need to be brave enough to face everything that I need to. It might be heaven or hell on the other side but I guess the only way to find out is to gather enough courage and step forward.


Happy - Pharrell Williams.