Step into the daylight and let it go.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

#4.39 Sparks Fly

"Saying hello to all the beautiful and sparkling Christmas Lights before kissing Mr. 2015 goodbye for good. =) "



The week before Christmas was real good to me but it was just so busy. I reckoned that every Pharmacy staff in the UK was completely burnt out at work during this period. It was like every patient and his or her great grandaunt on this part of planet Earth decided to pre-order two months worth of prescribed medications even though we were only closed for two days during Christmas time.

On the other hand, I was busy house hunting for the past few weeks. Despite all the misfortunes and setbacks that I had experienced initially, I was quite glad that my effort and prayers got paid off in the end as I found one that suited me very much. Hopefully, it would not disappoint me after I moved in next month.

With love,  from Dorchester.
Even McD got all festive.

On Christmas day itself, I was lucky enough to get a taste of the traditional home-cooked Christmas roast meal made by Linda. It was a lovely few hours of time spent together and it made my Christmas a lot less lonely, especially when I could not be surrounded by Smurfies as usual.

Lovely meal and company indeed.
Roast turkey.
Brussel sprouts!
Champagne time.
Loving all my Christmas presents.

Two days later, my real post-Christmas break began and I hopped on the train up to London again to do some shopping and meet up with two of my favourite people on Earth. Once I stepped out from the underground, I was completely mesmerised by what came into view. 

Busy streets, endless rows of elegant stores, beautiful displays by the windows, people lining up even before the shops were opened and not to mention the fast-paced walking and loud noises. All these coupled with the glittering snowball-like Christmas lights decorations along the entire street made my heart flutter. Oh London, I had missed you after all these months.

The oh-so-festive snowball muffin.
Hello London!
Oxford Street by day. 
House of Fraser.

Later that day, we tried the Honest Burger chain as it was highly recommended by so many. After a good catch-up, we decided to walk around Oxford Street to appreciate all the beautiful lights before heading to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. 

Honest.
Busy streets and hectic lives.
The glowing orbs. 
Beautiful lights.
After dark.
Oxford Street at night.
Such a pretty city.
Massive crowd everywhere.
London.
Wefie along the streets.
Merry Christmas.
Let it snow!
Goodbye, Oxford Street.

We had churros and traditional mulled wine while exploring Winter Wonderland and grabbed some 大包 along the way at Chinatown before decided to head back home. At night, we had beer and Mimi and it was certainly one of the best nights in a long, long while. 

Churros with Nutella that were to die for.
Glad to be able to make it here again.
冬天里吃着大包子!感动到~

After a good night's sleep, we decided to try out The Breakfast Club in Soho. While there, we queued for 45 minutes before we got our seats. Three of us shared two plates of Bennie's and all I could say was that everything was perfect and that I could totally understand why many would willingly stand in the cold for such a long time.

The long line.
Making fugly faces to kill time.
Where the best breakfast in London was served.
The beautiful wall inside the cafe. 
Never been this happy for a long time.
Eggs Benedict and Heuvos Al Benny.
Sadness wanted to a bite as well.
Peanut milkshake on the house.
We left a little something on the wall before we left!

Our short London trip came to a perfect ending by sharing a big Korean hotpot at ASSA in a cold winter afternoon. Before long, it was time again for me to board the train back to Dorchester and I could only hope that there would be more meet-ups like this in the near future.

So little time, so much to gossip about.
Satisfied to the core.

Until next year then, bye! XOXO. =)



In The Night - The Weeknd