Step into the daylight and let it go.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

#4.16 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

"It's time to kiss my summer goodbye for good. Surely it was a fun, intoxicating and emotional roller-coaster ride but just like some people in our lives, it's best to move on and be proud to say that we were never, never, never ever getting back together! =) "



Technically, we had only two days to rest before we began our traveling again. I swore I had such a hard time saying goodbye to my comfy bed before boarding the bus to London. 

Once we reached London, Vivian brought us to this amazing Vietnamese restaurant that served such delicious food that actually made my mouth salivate when I was typing this. And the Vietnamese coffee that sent me straight to heaven. Okay, that might be an over-exaggeration but it was that kind of good. 

It's my first time to try Vietnamese food - another new experience.
Hungry~
Vivian and I!
Asian tasting coffee!

After filling up our stomach, we went to 221B Baker Street, the filming location of the British Tv series "Sherlock", although in real life it was actually 187 and not on Baker Street. During the day, we also briefly visited the British Library, the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel and the St. Pancras Railway Station. While there, we took the "Platform 9 3/4" photo again for fun even though we had already taken them before. =)

221B Baker Street!!
The majestic hotel.
At St. Pancras Station.
Snap 1....
Snap 2....
And snap 3!

In the afternoon, we finally had the chance to visit Buckingham Palace, Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Garden. The best part of the day was that we actually found the Peter Pan Statue that I had wanted to take a look at during the last time we came to London. After that, we had a quick dinner in China Town before we headed to The Queen's Theatre to watch Les Miserables. 

It was my second time to watch an opera and I didn't read any review/synopsis or watch the movie as I didn't want to ruin the moment or have any biased opinion towards it. All I wanted was to see the real deal first, then only would I decide for myself if I truly enjoyed it or not. 

Thirty minutes into the show, I already loved it, like a lot, more than Phantom of the Opera. The storyline, casts and songs were absolutely fantastic and I still couldn't get over the fact that the cute little boy died eventually. =(

In front of Buckingham Palace. 
The garden beside Buckingham Palace.
The famous Royal Albert Hall that we had talked about since in Semenyih. 
The Peter Pan Statue.
These 2 bears were so cute together!!
Dessert in China Town.
Waiting for the show to start.
The perfect night.

On the next day, ZH brought us to Camden Market to grab our lunch before we joined the rest of the Smurfies into the world of Harry Potter. Although I wasn't a big fan of HP, I was still very much amazed by the hard work and details that the studio put into making the books come alive on the big screen. At night, we had curry and prawn noodles for dinner to satisfy our taste buds after not being back home for such a long time. 

Speaking of food, we also swung by Malaysia Hall to have a good taste of the Malaysian food before we left London. =)

Lunchie~
Amy in Camden Market.
At the entrance. 
The HP Chess Set.
Too beautiful for my eyes. =) 
HP's car.
The famous Butter Beer.
Impressive. 
I loved this street!!
One of the best fries I had ever had!
Nasi Lemak with eggplants. =)
Roti Canai.

The last activity that I did for the summer was to go for a walk in Wollaton Park with Smurfies before our fourth and final year began. It was a lucky day as it was the closest that I had ever got to see the deers in the park. However, I got a feeling that I would not return to this park any time soon but surely I would miss it a lot. =)

In front of Batman's house.

Hello Fall, please be good to me especially with all the big changes coming up in life!!! And hopefully it would be a memorable year worth reminiscing when I looked back in the coming future.  =)



Close Your Eyes - Meghan Trainor