Step into the daylight and let it go.

Monday, October 22, 2012

#3.25 My Modern Family


Leisure afternoon stroll in Huntington Garden.

"In time, you will learn to make time for the ones that count, and let go the ones that don't." 



Every single time I watched the ABC drama Modern Family, I couldn't help but think of my family. Like them, none one of us was perfect. Wherever we went, there would be a lot of quarrel, embarrassment and hassle, but I wouldn't ever, even for half a second, trade the whole wide world for them.

Same-age bro in Aussie.

It had been 3 months, give or take, since I had last seen them, except for the few Skype sessions that we had. And I sure as hell missed the home-cooked food by mummy. Every morning we would wake up to her lovely breakfast on the dining table. It was never just the simple bread and milk. She insisted on cooking something light and healthy like fried rice with all sorts of vegetables and nuts you could name arranged perfectly in the plates, just like how the good restaurants did it nowadays. They tasted as scrumptious as---if not, better than--- the ones in the restaurants. All of us would then literally wipe all the plates clean in seconds. Now, I was left with the choice of milk and cereal every morning. =(

Every weekend my parents would go grocery shopping, the part which I liked and hated at the same time. It was fun if you managed to find something you love at Target or Walmart but it would be as exciting as watching paint dry it you found nothing. The books were comparatively cheap too! My biggest regret was that I didn't grab a few more Nicholas Sparks books along the way. They were all at least 50% cheaper!! Now, these books' pricing at Malaysia was burning a hole in my pocket. *Sigh*



Despite the busy new life, we managed to squeeze some time out to visit a few places. Some of them were places I never thought I would actually get to go due to the limited time. We managed to finish all the fun important rides in Disneyland thanks to the help of our cousin. With the exception of the summer hot weather, everything was perfect. At night, we stayed to watch the Fantasmic and firework shows. It was like a moment frozen in time which I would cherish forever. While we're there, a few aunties from China approached us and chatted with us.


On the It's A Small Small World ride. 
My everything. =) 

I knew I had repeated 987654321 times but I truly missed them especially mummy. She simply gave and loved so much and it never failed to amaze me. Gonna stop here for now and go to bed with hopes to meet them in my dreams. =)



Red - Taylor Swift